Tuesday, November 30, 2010

World Bird Wednesday Number Two


Here is my submission for World Bird Wednesday, Number Two

When I was walking around on Saturday cursing myself for not having any more memory space, I stopped on the trail to delete some pictures. This Tufted Titmouse was about 2 feet away from me digging through the leaves looking for food. Every time I moved, it would follow me and stop about 2 feet away. It was saying "take a picture of me".  So, here is the Tufted Titmouse, my World Bird Wednesday submission.

The Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) is very common in Northern Virginia year-round, it is a solitary bird that feeds on insects. 

Tufted Titmouse

7 comments:

  1. I love these little birds! We have one that frequents the bird feeder. I have yet to get as nice a shot as you did though. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a person who lives in the deep cold north I can vouch for the Tufted Titmouse's toughness. They were the favorite of Loggers, so it is told, and many men had their own personal birds that flew with them in the woods! That was back in the 1800 but wouldn't that be fun to duplicate?
    ;-)WBW

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bird! And I love birds who pose for photography :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a great shot...I always enjoy seeing that little trace of peachy color just under the wing of these guys, and you got it just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These birds are very quick so I really appreciate your fine capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to be so near for a photo opportunity. Either he was interested in the insects you disturbed or your riveting personality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Titmice...they are such happy looking little birds. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete