Tuesday, March 23, 2010

23 Mar 2010

I walked down by the lake today and walked over by the softball field. There was a large flock of American Robins.There were probably about 25 robins in it.


















I also got a great picture of the Northern Cardinal. It was a male in full red color sitting in a tree near the lake singing away.

















There was also a large flock of Brown-headed Cowbirds with possibly European Starlings mixed in. The pictures of those and my Red-Winged Blackbirds didn't turn out well due to the gray skies and it was getting a little dark.

There were many birds diving at the lake chasing insects. I tried to get some pictures but the birds were zooming by too fast. I would aim and shot but the birds were not very clear. They looked blue and were probably Tree Swallows. I am going to go back to the lake tomorrow since it is going to be sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment