Saturday, March 27, 2010

27 Mar 2010

I woke up early and knew it was going to be a good day for birding. After getting out to the car at 0845, I looked at the car thermometer and it was reading 37 degrees. BBrrrrrrr. I headed over to a new spot, Huntley Meadows Park. It was a great idea.
Huntley Meadows

When I got there, the parking lot had about 15 cars. Most of the people were in a large group with trash bags and were cleaning up the parking lot. Nice people!! I need to check into helping out with that next time. I walked the over 2 miles of trails out into the marsh and woods and got some great pictures. I added 2 birds to my list and 4 that were winter residents getting ready to move out to Canada.

I got a great picture of a male and female Wood duck and a male and female Red-winged Black bird.





















































The 4 winter resident birds that I saw were Northern Shovelers (which were cool), Hooded Merganser, Green-winged Teal (tough to see, it is right in the middle of the picture) and Gadwells. (pictures in order)























































It was interesting to watch people lugging in their cameras and tripods with the 1000mm Zoom lens. More power to 'em.


No comments:

Post a Comment