Sunday, May 9, 2010

9 May 2010

Happy Mothers' Day.
















This is a picture of the baby goose that was hatched out of my nest. I ran into a guy today that actually watched this little guy or girl being hatched. It was in the morning a few days ago. Although there are normally more than one baby, it looks like this one will be an only child.

I saw a Green Heron not too far from these geese. It is a summer resident in NOVA.
















I got back from my walk and was making lunch. I looked out the window at my feeder and saw a Rose-breasted Grosbeak. I took one picture through my sliding glass door but it flew away when I tried to go outside. I waited all day for it to come back, but he didn't. They are transit birds through Virginia, so it is probably going to head up north soon. I don't ever remember seeing that type of Grosbeak in my feeders in five years. Maybe it was because I bought a new feeder to replace my beat-up one.



















I did also get 2 more permanent resident birds to add to my number. I finally took a good picture of a Blue Jay and a Carolina Chickadee.

































I don't have a huge yard so it is amazing how many different types of birds are coming to my feeders all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment