Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blog Post #100

This is my 100th post. I was standing at my kitchen window pondering about what I should post for this memorial event. I sipped my coffee and stood there for a total of about 20 minutes. At the beginning I remember thinking, man there are a lot of birds today. During the whole time, I had bird after bird after bird hitting my feeder. I finally had to get my camera and take some pictures. One of the things that I am really  proud of is the total number of birds that are dining on my seeds. When I first started, it was 1 Cardinal and then maybe 1 Goldfinch. Now after tramping out in the dark and cold weather to restock my feeders, I am finally getting some remarkable results.

Now as I stood there watching, I saw many multiples of the birds that normally come to visit daily. There is now a chickadee family. There are some 7 total Northern Cardinals. There are several Wrens, Nuthatches, and Titmouse. The pictures of the birds feeding were taken one after the other in about 5 minutes.

Again, there may be more total birds of a species coming in to feed, but my point is that I am finally seeing multiple birds of the same species at the same time. I had always suspected it, but I am finally seeing it. 


Northern Cardinal

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Dark-eyed Junco

Tufted Titmouse

Carolina Chickadee

1 comment: