Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Back from vacation - World Bird Wednesday XXIII



I am back from Texas but getting a slow start to birding. I took a few walks after work but the birds have been hiding out. I was able to find a Double-crested Cormorant.

At the lake




















There was the back side of a Eastern Towhee. I chased several of these around until I gave up.

I don't want to turn around for nothing.




















The Yellow-rumped Warblers were still around.

I will be heading up north soon.


















For whatever reason, 3 Brown-headed Cowbirds decided to hang out on top of the baseball backstop.

Swing and a miss

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos--Ive been chasing my own tail a bit too...the birds are too fast for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes those birds just won't cooperate! The Cormorant struck a nice pose for you, though!

    ReplyDelete