Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bird Experiments

Let's face it, most of my birding experiments haven't worked out so well so far. I tried the grape jelly thing to attract Orioles with no success. I put up a few bird houses that had no visitors. I thought that heating the water in my birdbath all winter would attract great flocks of songbirds in my backyard. None of them worked.

I was looking at my feeders through the window this morning as the drizzle was falling and saw a great sight. Chickadees were coming into the nesting materials that I put out and were taking it back to make nests. Finally!! Success. I didn't want to scare them away so I took a picture through the window.

Back to the Motel 6.

3 comments:

  1. Great shot! It is a thrill when the birds go for something you have offered them or planted for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm glad they appreciate at least one of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete