Sunday, May 1, 2011

Giving props

It is great to be able to read other peoples' blogs about birds and it is exciting when they teach you something. I have been taking pictures of Warblers and just calling them Yellow-rumped Warblers. I was reading a blog today from I used to hate birds (one of my links that I follow) and she had posted a picture of a Myrtle Warbler. I thought "wow, pretty and lots like a Yellow-rumped Warbler." I opened up my field guide to look at it closer and read about it when I realized that the Myrtle and Audubon Warblers are a subspecies of the Yellow-rumped Warbler. I had no idea. Ya learn something new everyday about birds. Props to I used to hate birds. 

I would now say that this is a Female Adult Myrtle Warbler. 

Call me by my real name

No comments:

Post a Comment